Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i can find brand new replacements for a 1998 Subaru Outback Legacy L? ive tried ebay and other sites and only finding old used ones.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,304 Posts
Good luck finding new parts for a 14 year old vehicle, other than from a dealership if you're lucky.

There are some aftermarkets available if yours are broken. Look into Hella.

·
Premium Member
2005 Mazda 6 && 2007 Outback 3.0 LLBean, WGO
409 Posts
Reactions: subaruwagonmafia

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fog lights

I second the aftermarket route. I installed some PIAA lights and couldn't be happier. The light output between the stock fogs and the PIAAs aren't even comparable, the OEM lights were worthless.

ChrisInVT,
What are some other fog light direct replacement options?

Can you put in HELLA 500FF Fog lamps instead of PIAA? Better price i would think. Did the PIAA fogs bold right up or did you have to use some sort of new bracket?

·
Registered
1998 OBW
164 Posts
I have Hella 500's on the inside of my light bar. They're OK lights, but I wouldn't buy them again. Those PIAA lights are just awesome, but at the same time I think they're WAY over-priced. Keep your eye open on eBay sometimes you can get them for cheap. I got mine 2nd hand and had the housings powdercoated - they look and work just as good as new.

I used the stock mount for the PIAA lights. It required me to slightly trim my fog light hole in the bumper, remove the OEM bracket, drill a hole in the support, and slightly trim the support so they would fit correctly. Took me about an hour to have them installed, wired up, and aimed properly.

·
Registered
96 Legacy OBW, EJ22 swap, 2" suspension lift, 215/75r15, HIDs, 06 WRX interior swap
335 Posts
probably not. as a general rule for most US states if the aux lights are higher than the headlights they must be covered during street driving.

·
Registered
2005 OBW 2.5L, 1989 Subaru Justy, RIP Blu
7,355 Posts
Usually the law is any more then 6 pairs of lights they have to be covered.

·
Registered
98 Legacy Outback Limited (EJ25)
5 Posts
I have been told (In Oregon) you can have as many as your heart desires, uncovered. But they cannot be used on the public roads if they are mounted above headlight height.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
I have been told (In Oregon) you can have as many as your heart desires, uncovered. But they cannot be used on the public roads if they are mounted above headlight height.
As far as I know, that's how it is in MA too. I've never seen anyone cover lights, but if you use lights on your roof on a public road and the police see, you're certainly going to get a ticket for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My stock 1998 Outback fog lights are shot. One has a cracked lens and the other just isn't in the best shape. I want to go with aftermarket options. Possibly high output LED fog lights. I'm going to mount them in the original fog lamp locations, but I want a much brighter solution. Does anyone know of any options where I can accomplish this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm looking for fog light options with driving light lens. I would like to go LED, but I'm open to suggestions. I like lots of bright white light. Current stock OE lens is broken, other has broken grill. Just looks bad and isn't functional at all.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The 00-04 Outback fogs are a perfect fit, and i noticed a better light output with them.
They are direct plug and play.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts