Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried to use the search to answer my question and also tried through the googlee to find it but have not found what I'm looking for so here goes. i replaced the hg on my 1999 legacy sus and am at the point of putting it back together. i have both heads on and have made the shims work to complete one head and am waiting for shims to complete the other head. while putting the valve cover back on i noticed i don't have enough valve cover shoulder bolts for both sides. the question is do all the locations need shoulder bolts or do some use the same length regular bolts to secure the valve cover? i tried to keep all the bolts together and did not notice they were different till i was putting it back together. this is the first time I've pulled a subaru engine this far apart and have learned quite a few things in putting it back together. also do all the bolts get the same grommets? because there too i have the male grommets(?) and i have some flat grommets to find homes for as i dont have enough of the male grommets. the manual i have doesn't really show to much detail on the subject. when i button up the valve covers and get the timing belt on on i'll be ready to put the engine back in and start making smoke again. hopefully not white smoke.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts