Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just brought a 2013 outback limited with the iSight system. I am giving up my 1999 forester. 155,000miles. No problems other then sensors. Oh and it looks like it needs a new CV joint. It has been well used and is ready to move on.

Would you please guide me to posts or links about the navigation and entertainment system. I am an an engineer so I want lots of grimy details.

Also, have seen some posts about trailer hitches. I am looking to add one. So please suggest a post to see if I missed the important one.

Also, anything I should know about going from a stick to an automatic?

Mike C.

2013 2.5 limited with all the bells and whistles

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
.....Also, anything I should know about going from a stick to an automatic?.....
Not sure how many years you drove the stick, but get used to having left foot idle and not accidentaly stepping on brake pedal...leave it on that foot rest block firm!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Busy left foot!

.....Also, anything I should know about going from a stick to an automatic?.....
Not sure how many years you drove the stick, but get used to having left foot idle and not accidentaly stepping on brake pedal...leave it on that foot rest block firm!
I learned how to drive on a stick in 1974 and have owned one ever since. Tried to teach my new young bride from New York City to drive a stick in 1982, our marriage survived but the stick shift did not. Ever since we have one with stick and one without. But broke down this time since, that same young bride needs to drive the outback and what did not happen in 1982 is NOT going to happen now, so..... The automatic.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Hope the marriage will survive! Mine did not... forced my then "bride" to drive Saab Turbo with stick shift only to be forced to buy a Camaro automatic for her (hated that gas guzzler)...instead of a diamond ring! LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts