Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just bought a 30th anniversary 1999 and I need to replace the rear struts. I have checkex on ebay as well as kbb and I am not clear on which struts to buy. Kbb stated that the 335020 would work - I contacted a company on ebay that had one for sale and they said they could not get struts for my SUS. I tried to explain my part ref search but they said that the 335020 was for an outback legacy and not the SUS. Most all the struts I find are for a legacy but do not specify outback or SUS. Can someone shed some light on this? Are all legacy struts the same that year?
Thank you

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
interesting....the SUS is awesome, congrats, one of my favorite looks.

the 99 SUS is a legacy sedan with Outback gear and a one year model so it has some interesting parts.

are sedan and outback struts the same? if they are then you'd want the outback struts...if not then i'm unsure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting....the SUS is awesome, congrats, one of my favorite looks.

the 99 SUS is a legacy sedan with Outback gear and a one year model so it has some interesting parts.

are sedan and outback struts the same? if they are then you'd want the outback struts...if not then i'm unsure.

That is my question. Are they one in the same(Outback and Legacy) when it comes to struts? It is a Legacy Outback.

Please help

Thank you

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
Subaru has a fantastic website that can answer questions like this. it's called opposed forces, drill down to the part you want and then you can click on "Usage" and it shows all models that particular part is used on. So when you look up the 1999 SUS Sedan....it shows also Outback wagon rear struts being the same - so I'd get OBW rear struts of the appropriate years. here's a link - just click on usage and it shows all the legacy's that use that part number:
http://opposedforces.com/parts/info/20363AC221/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you folks very much - now I can order the right stuff. Sorry I did not respond sooner - I was out in the driveway reinstalling the headlights that I took into the basement to polish with the 3m kit from menards. Came out real nice! I , however am frozen almost solid. Just a tad cold here in Wisconsin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts