Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

It's time to get a set of tires on my 99 Legacy Outback and I'm getting differing info on what size was OEM. I believe it's 205/70R15, but I want to verify.

From there, I'm looking for recommendations on a solid all-weather tire. It will have all the variables thrown at it. Snow/ice in the winter, hot pavement in the summer as well as hilly terrain, freeway and city driving.

My usual mechanic tells me I should pick a hearty tire as the AWD of the Subaru is a little harder on the them. If I pair the wrong tire, I could find them wearing quite rapidly.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

·
Supporting Vendor
711 Posts
We show the stock size as being 205/70R-15.

Here is a link to the tires we show as fitting your vehicle along with customer reviews.

Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't know if the Primacy MXV4 is available in that size, but it would appear that the Optimo H727 is. That's usually one of the higher rated A/S tires. Another option would be the WRG2, but I don't know how well that does in those awful heat waves you get in the midwest.

I am biased, but I would suggest two sets of tires....a three season tire (like the Optimo), and a dedicated set of snow tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
beachedwhale42
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing