Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st time Outback owner here. Will pickup new 2017 Premium Tungsten Metallic tomorrow. Wife is excited because we already have a big F-350 turbo diesel pickup for other vehicle and she wanted something more stylish for this vehicle. What sold me was 1) seeing them all over so not everybody could be wrong; 2) high ground clearance!; and 3) surprising ability to get around in snow despite being all wheel drive and not 4 wheel drive.

I'll love the rated 32 mpg on highway. Already ordered Husky mats over the weatherTech. I really think this vehicle will be a super vehicle and I believe it's an unbelievable VALUE for the money. Thanks for approving my registration and I'm happy to be here!

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,796 Posts
Welcome!

...... surprising ability to get around in snow despite being all wheel drive and not 4 wheel drive.
AWD can be an advantage over 4WD - check the off-road threads here. For on-road and snow/ice conditions, you also have a lot less drivetrain inertia with an Outback, compared to the pickup.

I really think this vehicle will be a super vehicle and I believe it's an unbelievable VALUE for the money.
Compared to purchasing and operating an F-350 turbo diesel pickup, any reasonable car will seem to be a value to you!

Will wife get the Outback BTW?

·
Registered
2017 OB Limited 3.6
114 Posts
Great color choice as well. My previous 2 cars were black. They looked sharp when clean but they showed every dust particle. I'm really pleased with the Tungsten Metallic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts