Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of Honda and Toyota's we got our first Subaru. 2018 Outback 3.6R Touring in Wilderness Green. Wife's car primarily to replace a 2007 Honda Pilot. Don't need the 3rd row seat anymore and after a fair bit of research found the Outback to have the best features and capabilities for the price. Was a little bit tempted to wait and look at the new Buick Tour X because it's a nice looking vehicle. Decided that no matter how nice it looked the Subaru was the better long term choice. Very happy with it, just trying to figure out how all the features work coming from the Pilot that didn't even have bluetooth.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
I just traded up from a 2007 Legacy, and it sounds that like your situation, I went from a primitive car that didn’t have much innate intelligence to something that’s got all sorts of software and hardware features, short of parking itself.

I didn’t need to read the manual for my 2007 (bought used) but I’ve needed to read the manual to learn some of the details of this one!

Have fun exploring: it’s what makes a Subaru a Subaru :D

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver
433 Posts
I think the Buick and the Outback are different tools. I came from a Buick LaCrosse and I expect the Tour X will have the same ride and quietness which in my opinion is head and shoulders above my Outback. My LaCrosse was super quiet and it smoothed out all but the harshest bumps. Subaru interiors are inferior to the Buick. But I am going to bet that the Tour X is going to be much more expensive than even the 3.6. I am guessing $5 to $10k more.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,585 Posts
I think the Buick and the Outback are different tools. I came from a Buick LaCrosse and I expect the Tour X will have the same ride and quietness which in my opinion is head and shoulders above my Outback.
This comes at the cost of added weight - the Tour X is 400 lbs. heavier than a 2017 Outback 3.6R.

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,233 Posts
This comes at the cost of added weight - the Tour X is 400 lbs. heavier than a 2017 Outback 3.6R.
It looks way better tho, and the Gen5 is a nice looking car. The Buick/Opel would be my choice since I can't afford a Bimmer, Volvo or Jag.

I can't afford the Buick either, but I would like to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts