Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2011 outback 2.5 premium. I don't think I will ever own another brand. I just replaced the low beams. Installed LED's. Now I have my check engine light, traction control, brake, and cruise control lights on. Any help with this would be awesome.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,119 Posts
Any codes thrown?

I'd start by putting the old bulbs back in, clearing the codes, and see if anything reoccurs. LED driver circuits can be pretty noisy and interfere with the ECM and its sensors.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,619 Posts
what john said, I think LEDs have a reputation for interfering with CANBUS in many cars. A guy I work with is fighting this in his Audi.

of course, if could be a coincidence, but putting it back closer to stock, clearing codes and waiting for a reoccurence is a good way to proceed. Parts stores can read the codes and likely will clear the CEL for you. many people use an ELM327 BT device and a smartphone app like Torque Free to read/clear codes themselves.

all newer cars disable traction control, cruise control and othe systems when a CEL is set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I turned the car on this morning and there were no lights! If they come on again I'll return the LED's. How about HID bulbs? Any issues with them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts