Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 2" ADF Lift
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on my Anderson 2 inch lift yesterday and everything went as planed until i got to the cross brace on the back. I was able to get the aluminum spacers in the center, but I can not get the ones on the side to tighten. The bolts provided where to short.

I bought a 100mm bolt and was able to get it to thread on the left , but ran out of threads before it tightened. At this point the right side is 3.5 inches away from the body and the thread or stripped so i can't get the bolt started.

I have some ideas to fix it, but at this point not sure what I did wrong.

Any solutions or ideas to get this fixed?

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited.
30 Posts
I installed mine on a 2017. I had to remove the factory spacers. I see you still have them in pic 3 & 4

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed mine on a 2017. I had to remove the factory spacers. I see you still have them in pic 3 & 4
I just took the factory spacer off and everything went back on perfectly. Thanks for the tip.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,908 Posts
Yea, remove the factory spacers. That how to guide is a little old as far as how Patrick is making them now.

I have a video of it to see how it went on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, remove the factory spacers. That how to guide is a little old as far as how Patrick is making them now.

I have a video of it to see how it went on.

Ugh wish I'd seen that first, Both sets of directions I followed had them reinstalled.... Looking back in those pictures though, its pretty obvious that the new brackets are smaller than the ones I had.

Oh well, all is good now. Just a little extra work, but worth the effort.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts