Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R with tech package
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question 1: I have a steep driveway and sometimes RAB kicks in. Which I think is expected as the manual. but sometimes I forget to turn RAB off and the brakes are applied. Also, in the winter, I may backup into the small snow bank the plowing left behind, and the brakes will slam. I would like to know if it could be damageable to have the RAB kick in too often.

Question 2: What is that loud noise when RAB kicks in? ABS?

Thank you!

Michel

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Touring
1,413 Posts
Question 1: I have a steep driveway and sometimes RAB kicks in. Which I think is expected as the manual. but sometimes I forget to turn RAB off and the brakes are applied. Also, in the winter, I may backup into the small snow bank the plowing left behind, and the brakes will slam. I would like to know if it could be damageable to have the RAB kick in too often.

Question 2: What is that loud noise when RAB kicks in? ABS?

Thank you!

Michel
1. No more than you manually applying the brakes hard.

2. Yes, ABS. I get a loud noise as well from my shorts. But that is another story for another day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am running the same scenario. My driveway is pretty steep too, every time back out the car, the RAB applies.

Is there a way to ignore the steep bottom detection?

Thanks,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does it kick in when backing into the driveway? I know the angle is the same, but if it doesn't then you could try changing your driveway routine.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R with tech package
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am running the same scenario. My driveway is pretty steep too, every time back out the car, the RAB applies.

Is there a way to ignore the steep bottom detection?

Thanks,
When you put the gear in reverse, in the left-bottom corner, you will see a "RAB ON" soft button. Hold it for a couple seconds to turn it off, it will show "RAB OFF".

Note: if you just started the car, it may take some time for the button to be "clickable" (greyed out).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts