Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 H6 3.0R LL Bean wagon and 2000 H4 OBW
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a diagram for the parts for a 2000 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon? Looking for the diagram that shows all the parts that are associated with the actuator and linkages for the power door locks.

My right rear passenger door quit locking and unlocking. The actuator was still functioning but the lock not moving. Took the panel off and got the actuator and mechanism out. Looks like there is a white plastic piece with a rounded tab. The actuator moves this plastic piece back and forth and it the round tab moves a metal bracket. The tab popped out of the notch it slides in. It goes back in and the mechanism then works but just need to know how this piece should look.

Trying to determine if I have something missing, broken or loose so I know how to proceed in repairing. If I need a new plastic piece or if I just need to tighten the rivet where the bracket pivots or bend the metal bracket.

Thanks.

Redmon

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
2006 H6 3.0R LL Bean wagon and 2000 H4 OBW
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent, thanks!

I tightened the rivet where it pivots up slightly with a ball peen hammer. This seems to have corrected it. Took the slack out of the bracket so the plastic stays in the guide.

See how long it works.

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,069 Posts
:29:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts