Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Model, Green/Gold Subaru Outback Wagon, 5 speed manual, 2.5 litre 4cyl engine - no mods yet, open to suggestions!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look, I know there's already the sticky thread up with the sound bytes and that, but I just wanna get some personalised info and maybe more up to date? Dunno.

I've just spent 2k on the car's rego, tires (Pirelli Cinturato P7's, amazing things) etc so won't be happening for a while, BUT the next thing I'd like to do is make it a TINY bit louder as I can't hear it at all sometimes when I'm pottering along til I hit 4000RPM, especially as my previous drive was a 3.5 litre BMW with after market exhausts... And also give it that nice rally sound, without being a cop magnet (P plate driver... :/). Suggestions? :)

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback 5speed
57 Posts
Look, I know there's already the sticky thread up with the sound bytes and that, but I just wanna get some personalised info and maybe more up to date? Dunno.

I've just spent 2k on the car's rego, tires (Pirelli Cinturato P7's, amazing things) etc so won't be happening for a while, BUT the next thing I'd like to do is make it a TINY bit louder as I can't hear it at all sometimes when I'm pottering along til I hit 4000RPM, especially as my previous drive was a 3.5 litre BMW with after market exhausts... And also give it that nice rally sound, without being a cop magnet (P plate driver... :/). Suggestions? :)
Pull the muffler off and put on a 3" tip.. i did that (for my beater) and it literaly sounds like a wrx....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,625 Posts
Look for an aftermarket twin-tip muffler.

On my WRX, I have a Strommung, it's louder, but not crazy loud - with a nice deep tone. And the twin-tip looks kinda like a stock muffler, doesn't attract ricers or cops like a 'grapefruit shooter' would.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,322 Posts
cop magnet (P plate driver... :/). Suggestions? :)[/QUOTE said:
I resemble that remark. :(

Remove the resonator and replace it with straight pipe and see how it sounds to you. Cheap and brings it up a tad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts