Subaru Outback Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i CVT in White, Codename: Ditto.
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off - The motor is seized.

My mechanic has no idea what is wrong with it unless he takes it apart.

I was driving home from work Friday night and the motor just died in the middle of the road (http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...285-2000-outback-died-while-driving-help.html).

Until that moment, it was working just fine...no codes, etc.

I was planning to trade it in on a new one, but obviously couldn't because it was in the shop. I bought a new 2013 Monday.

Aside from the motor, the car is in excellent shape. Great for parts, or if you want to figure out what is wrong with this motor. I just started a new job and I have zero time to spend fixing the car like I normally would.

I will leave this posted here for a day or 2, and then see about donating it or something.

PM me if you're interested. Oh, the car is currently sitting in Pequannock, NJ.

·
Registered
2005 Outback LL Bean Wagon 225,000 miles H6
136 Posts
What color is the Outback and what interior? Any rust? How much are you asking? I am in NJ and only about 45 minutes from you. I have a friend in your town who is mechanic. Will PM you for photos.

·
Registered
14 Posts
**** you are twenty minutes from me on 287 in Baskingridge. If I had a garage I would buy the car tonight. Good luck with the sale

Erich

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**** you are twenty minutes from me on 287 in Baskingridge. If I had a garage I would buy the car tonight. Good luck with the sale

Erich
Actually, I'm even closer than that...I live in Randolph :)

Unfortunately my Bubu broke down in Pequannock, that was where I worked until the day it broke down. I was literally leaving town with my office packed in boxes in the back. Now I'm down in Princeton.

Believe me, if I had a garage and the time I wouldn't be selling it...I've always known I would buy a new Outback, and I always figured I would mod my 2000. I had planned on at least painting the rims & lower body panels matte black and installing a 2" lift.

But the pressures of being a grown-up killed that dream. Like so many others. :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally figured out how to upload photos, but I can only do 5. I added them to the OP.

I have more for emailing purposes...

·
Registered
82 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.