Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SUbaru Outback Wagon. 2.5
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 outback seems to have a bit of a shudder when sitting at a stop light or sign, when the car is stopped in drive. If I bump it to neutral it stops. It's not bad or anything, just ... noticeable. It is a 2.5 with a 4eat. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
Mine has the same symptoms. From what I've read here, it may be caused by the use of aftermarket axles. I had mine done at the dealership when I first got the car, so I assumed they were genuine Subaru OEM parts, and still get that shudder in drive that goes away in neutral.

Stuff that I have done in the meantime (for other reasons) that have not changed it: New plugs, wires, coil, alternator, timing belt, pulleys, tensioner, water pump, brakes, and struts. So, you can check those off the list. I plan on changing the AT fluid and filter when it warms up a bit and will let you know if that helps. I don't think it's serious - but will be watching this thread for others' opinions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts