Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Outback Limited - H4 2.5
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going off-road and misjudged a berm, ended up jumping the car and coming down hard on the front-passenger wheel. It bent the strut, and I was wondering if there was any particular kind of strut that is popular for the outback. I found these KYB on rockauto for 85 each (More Information for KYB 334275). Are those good, or is there a better option within a 200 dollar budget for both left and right.

Thanks,
-Charlie

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,839 Posts
I put KYBs on our 03 OBW - they're probably the most popular struts.

·
Registered
2004 H6 3.0 LL Bean
3 Posts
KYB Struts for Subaru

Charlie,

I just successfully replaced the fronts on my 04 LLBean. The excel-G struts fit perfectly and work great. I've driven about 5000 miles since replacement of struts/shock, boot, bump stop, and mount.

didn't even get a wheel alignment when I adjusted camber bolts at a mid-point. But I will probably replace the tie-rod ends and get an alignment.

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
I'd reccomend KYB. I've driven many Subarus with them, and will soon be buying some when I am in need. My Escape has them on stiffer springs and I couldn't be more happy with a SUV that stays flat in the corners. KYB all the way!

If buying from Rockauto, double check the part number before buying! and it's worth calling your order in, as sometimes the messup the order.

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,839 Posts
I'd reccomend KYB. I've driven many Subarus with them, and will soon be buying some when I am in need. My Escape has them on stiffer springs and I couldn't be more happy with a SUV that stays flat in the corners. KYB all the way!

If buying from Rockauto, double check the part number before buying! and it's worth calling your order in, as sometimes the messup the order.
def double check. RA has not messed up an order for me - but i messed myself up by ordering a non-US part, that's what those little flags mean next to some parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts