Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So mechanically inclined Subaru guys, I have a 2001 H6 3.0 it's been throwing codes PO302 PO304 PO306 Misfire codes. It will hard start in really cold weather, single digits. Lots of turning over, some misses, then it fires, then slowly comes to life. In warmer weather 25° or better it will take quite a few revolutions to fire and run. Sometimes in the warmer temps it will run with no issues for a couple tanks of fuel then decide to throw a CEL. The only codes picked up are the previously mentioned. I had a Subaru guy replace plugs, valve cover gaskets, drain and refill transmission and differential fluids. Any ideas anyone?????

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,745 Posts
what plugs were put in? (brand , type ? = these take NGK double plat, or NGK irdium IX)

single side misifres, after valve covers / plug gaskets replaced = head gaskets, or fuel rail problems.

doing head gaskets on this engine is a core, that may not turn out right. so in this case: head gaskets are solved with a JDM 212 hp Ez30 with a metal intake, = about $700 today. (or a whole rust bucket of a 2001-2004 H6 outback for the same price) the 250hp ez30 JDM with the plastic intake is not right though as that is for later cars.

but do you smell fuel ? is there any change with air temp ? any change with humidity ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No fuel smell, when I first got it the Subaru guy swapped out an injector from one cylinder to another to see if the 302 code followed. He had a hard time getting everything back in place and needed to replace some o rings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts