Subaru Outback Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2001 LL Bean parts car

4K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  bhazard 
#1 ·
I've just acquired this car from a friend. He bought it as a fix-up project but bit off more than he could chew. H6 was overheating, he replaced the rad, hoses, and tstat, still overheated. So probably head gaskets. 235k miles still starts and moves under its own power. Lots and lots of rust.

Front bumper, hood, and fenders are definitely spoken for. Let me know if you'd like anything and I'll let you know if its available.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Steering wheel

See less See more
#2 ·
did you pull a the Bean with some type of VW Golf? Just wondering,...and if so how did it go?

Nice looking interior / exterior there,

#3 ·
Yes I pull everything with the TDI (yes it's a dieselgate edition).
Though this is surely the heaviest car I've dollied (yes yes the driveshaft is disconnected of course), I think the heaviest thing I've pulled was my 1999 Legacy L on a two axle utility trailer.

It does it fine. Where I live the roads aren't curvy and its flat. So I just take my time and give myself plenty of room to stop. The Golf has 100k and original front brakes and clutch. The diesel engine has more than enough torque to get going and cruise along at 55, and still get 30 mpg.

Not saying it's the greatest idea. I'm sure I'm pulling double the rated capacity, but it's what I have and it's worked so far.

#6 ·
Why are all the Beans with good interiors on the opposite side of the @#$% country from me?!

#7 ·
and getting further away, considering continental growth/ drift,

and the expanding universe.

#17 ·
those are VDC only not cheapo LLBeans.
@grossgary or @lockmedic might have a good one on the shelf for you (they will see that I made mention of their name)

#18 ·
Unless you find a VDC parts car that's been stored in a Ziploc bag since 2004, there are no good McIntosh front speakers left. They're ALL rotten by this point.

Just buy a replacement pair of aftermarkets. . . or have yours re-foamed (about $35/ea)

#28 ·
Last call. Scrap this weekend.

@Performance Suby was looking for door panels.

hope you can grab some of the good bits and store them before it goes off to the scrapper.

(subaru OEM rims = nice to sell when people are out buying snow tires for their 2000-2014 cars).

#30 ·
If there were some need for parts, I'd part mine out.
Scrap prices are terrible- 4 cents a pound for a car! ($80/ton).

If my wife didn't care I'd slice it up little by little and sort the steel and AL and get actual scrap value eventually.

Crap, it runs great, someone could buy it as a parts car and drive it home.

(head gasket leak into the coolant, no overheating)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.