Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 obw 2.5, 98 obw 2.2, 06 impreza 2.5
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2001 LL Bean 92,000 miles the guy is asking 7000.00 This car is really clean and well maintained. Just looking for some opinions on whats it worth. Just not a lot of them out there with that low of miles. Thanks for the help..:)

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
if it's an H6 then that price looks about right.

autotrader, kelly blue book, edmunds - check those three and you'll have some ballpark figures.

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
Does he have service records? Have the timing belt and the head gaskets been done - with actual proof like receipts. I'd rather see an "honest" dirty engine than one that's been steam cleaned to hide old leaks. With the above, H6 - price sounds about right, H4 offer him $6K and your both getting a good deal.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
Does he have service records? Have the timing belt and the head gaskets been done -
in 2001 the LL Bean was only offered in the H6 variety so there's no timing belt or head gasket issues.

·
Premium Member
97 obw 2.5, 98 obw 2.2, 06 impreza 2.5
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is very helpful guys, I appreciate the info. I just dont know a lot about the H6...

I have owned a bunch of the 2.5 and a couple 2.2 cars.

What do I need to look out for?

He does have very good records for the last 60,000 that he has owned it. He is a hot rod guy who does all his own wrench work, and from what I have seen of his hot rods he takes very good care of his cars..

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,927 Posts
A few of the '01s had problems with the timing chain guides, I think if it's at 92k it's not going to be one of 'em.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
I've been looking at used Subarus for 6 months, and $7k seems right on par for a low mileage '01. Used prices are sky high right now.

If I were in the market for an Auto H6, I would jump on it.

·
Registered
2003 LL Bean 120k
135 Posts
I just paid 8,750 for a 03 LL Bean life long southern car with great records, new Michelins, and a few more miles than that.

it's not what i would call prestine because of a door ding, but the int looks like no one has ever been in it, and the all original paint is very very nice.

i also probly paid more because i had a color and some options that i wanted, i could have bought a white one for 1,000 less on avrg.

or a car from the north/east for 2k less, but i have a truck i bought for my daughter from the windy city and will never buy a car from the salt belt again.

Darwin

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
if you are in the market for an H6 then you are in the market for an auto trans.
Yes, by force, I realized that after I wrote that lol. MT is a must.. so the H6 is out :28: I would LOVE a MT SUS, but don't feel like doing a suspension swap on a Legacy.

I would LOVE an H6 MT.. but alas Mother Subaru doesn't think it is fit... just like a Sunroof in a new MT...

anyway back OT...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts