Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the other day someone popped the lock to try and break into the car, now the barrel is rattling around in the door.

Because the job is so fiddly the mechanic tells me he'll have to keep the car for a while and get it done between other jobs, i'm assuming this is because he has to first take the door apart and check the lock, then order a replacement if he has to, wait for it to arrive and then refit it.

I'd like to get the barrel out of the door in order to speed up the process, but i cant find all the screws, i can spot 6 of them but there has to be more

I've checked the online books and can't find anything to help there, can anyone point me in the direction of a manual or tell me how to get the barrel out?

·
Premium Member
11,882 Posts
Pull up inner remote cover toward you to remove upper hook. Pull down it to remove lower claw. Remove inner remote cover.

Remove two hooks of switch panel to remove power window main switch. (Pry gently upwards on the top and bottom of the switch panel)

Disconnect electrical connectors from power window main switch and mirror switch.

Remove three screws and clips. (See pic)

Remove gusset cover. Disconnect electrical connectors to remove speaker. (With tweeter)

Remove seven clips of trim panel using clip remover to remove trim panel. (You can use a flat head screwdriver)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,882 Posts
Here's the remainder for the ext handle assembly.

It's not difficult. You just have to be careful with the trim.

If you want a functional lock cylinder, you'll need to replace the complete handle. It is broken. Otherwise you will have a hole in the door. Salvage yard may have one with a key if you get lucky, otherwise, Subaru.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
cardoc
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing