Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My driver side power window is not functioning. I do not think it is a fuse related problem as the other windows work and the only other thing that does not work in the car is the lean back function of the driver power seat.

I have been reading through the forums and was trying to locate the relay for the window, but am having trouble and am honestly out of my league here.

Can I just order a replacement motor for the window and trust that it will fix the problem? I do not want to take off the door panel if I can avoid it. I just want to make sure that I am not missing something else that is obvious.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
17,181 Posts
I do not think it is a fuse related problem as the other windows work
If the other windows work, it's not the power window relay or the power window circuit breaker. Could be the power window switch for the driver door window, or the motor.

the only other thing that does not work in the car is the lean back function of the driver power seat.
Similarly, there's only one supply of power for the electric motors in the power seat. If the others work, then the problem could be the switch, or the lean back ("reclining") motor.

Can I just order a replacement motor for the window and trust that it will fix the problem?
Not to that level of confidence without more troubleshooting to narrow down the cause. There are threads here about faulty driver door window switches, some with photos and ideas for repair. Same for the seat switch.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,169 Posts
Before tearing anything apart, try the cheap, easy fix first: electrical contact cleaner sprayed in from the outside. It may not work, but you’re not out much if it doesn’t. Only then go after the switch and/or motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts