Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I recently purchased my new project/commuter vehicle and I noticed a few things were not working on the interior side of the outback. I changed the fuses in the inside cabin panel after a light tester showed that the fuse was not working. After replacing the old fuse with a new one I tested the new fuse and still no change. My issues I have are; the heated switches for the front seats do not work, the window power switches do not light up, out of the two dash board lights that light up the odometer and the time and temperature: the time and temperature doesn't have a light, and I'm not sure but I believe the key ignition should have a light so you have an idea where to insert the key! Well if there is a light that light isn't working either. Besides this I don't seem to know of any other issues but this is my first Subaru so I don't know if I'm missing any other lights or fuses. From what I know the cigarette D/C outlet works or at least the light around it works so I'm assuming it works. Any suggests would be appreciated since my awesome brother whose my teacher in mechanics is in another state so I have to do the work myself and I'm doing this based on the knowledge I know. Thanks in advance for your help!!!:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
The bulbs themselves are probably burned out. They're the incandescent type, not LEDs.

It's also possible you have a short that blew the new fuse too. Do you have a multimeter?

-Tim

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think only the drivers side window switch has a light. The ignition switch doesn't have a light - the circular plastic ring around the bezel contains the key reader (for checking against the correct key when you start up - the wrong key gets recognised and the immobilizer kicks in). Most of the rest are probably bulbs. The heated seats could be any number of faults, including the switch connectors (just underneath the switches, carrying the current and which plug into the switch) may be disconnected, the heater elements in the seats may be burned out, a fuse may be gone, etc etc.
Good luck with the project. You would benefit from having a multimeter to check voltages and continuity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a multimeter thank god, so ill give that a try and ill let you know. Thank you from the quick response!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
MrsWonka85
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing