Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 2001 Outback from a co-workers friend for $2500 has 2000 miles on a rebuilt engine, headgaskets, timing belt yada yada long story short it surges when I accelerate from a dead stop into 2nd and 3rd. It honestly just feels like I'm just driving in too high of a gear but I'm not. I have no CEL and it idles fine and no issues.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,468 Posts
4 or 6? LLBean or VDC if its a 6? Federal or California emissions?

It can be a number of things. It's running rich, its running way lean, AF sensor input is wonky, throttle body is dirty and the air values to the ECM are wrong, MAF/MAP issues, dirty air filter, clogged PCV valve, bad gasoline, fuel filter, fuel pump seal, brakes are sticking, wheel bearing issue, etc.. Anything that will increase the engine load or make the computer think the load is high will effect the fueling the computer applies. That's why I added brakes and bearings.

If you can, data would be nice. RomRaider is a good data logging tool with a laptop and the data can be uploaded here for us to see what the car is doing. Forum members have been doing it for years and its easy. For pulling codes beyond what a handheld scan tool will see is FreeSSM, also used with a laptop.

Here to help, but a little more information is needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts