Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
I have a 2001 subaru outback automatic I got a few years ago.
It has 227168 miles currently and has been super amazing to me since I got it.
Only thing O had to do so far was change the radiator, the alternator and change the rotors and new brakes.
So for awhile now it has been shaking really bad when I brake at a good speed and when I am at a stall at a stop light the whole car shakes, some times it shakes when I drive on the freeway.
This was an issue when I first got it amd I changed the rotors and it fixed it.
That was about 2 years ago.
O have not got it checked out but I have been told it might be my cv axels or ravk and pinion?
Any ideas?
Thanks!

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,693 Posts
could be 2 or more issues.

vibration at speed: inner tie rods or bad rack bushings, bad bushings at the rear of the front lower control arms, sticking brake caliper..... - on a car that old, many worn parts may be working against you.

shaking when stopped; Does the vibration when stopped go away if you slip the trans into neutral? that is aftermaket or rebuilt axles. many people have had that happen. Getting used Subaru axles from a wrecking yard - maybe regreasing and rebooting them before installing, will stop that. Some folks say it's worse if the trans mounts are worn....

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,936 Posts
Somewhat random shaking while driving at 50mph+ that is usually worse with acceleration can be worn inner front CV joints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts