Clarion DD Head Unit where McIntosh used to be
Polk Audio component speakers in all 4 doors, factory tweeters remain
8" Kicker Comp mounted where the McIntosh used to be
Sound Ordnance amp in the storage tray
All sound cables are buried under the interior
Replaced rear lower control arms
KYB struts all around
New rebuild on trans about 18k back, added a cooler
Raptor VLLC Supercharger with 35mm TypeS BOV, bracket and really long Bosch belt
Denso 410cc WRX Injectors
Water/Air intercooler with independent core & fan
Silicone Intakes intake tubing
Cotton air filter mounted under fender

A few more little things since purchased in January this year.

See the build in progress: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/110-gen-2-2000-2004/47896-sleeper-vdc.html

And, Aussie comments: club.liberty.asn.au • View topic - Outback 3.0 w/ single port heads - getting supercharged

Attachments

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I respect you for listing the audio system mods before the engine mods. Sure the engine mods are amazing and fantastic, but you have your priorities straight. What's the use of having a kick-ass car without a kick-ass sound system? Props!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Raptor VLLC Supercharger with 35mm TypeS BOV, bracket and really long Bosch belt
****. I'm definitely jealous. My '05 could really use more torque here in Colorado. I'd just love to get back the lost tq/hp that we lose here in the clouds.
Definitely a nice build you've got there.

·
Registered
648 Posts
That is INSANE!!!! What the boost at also are you worried about the heads and cam?

Also repost on the power to sound you don't need a sound system when your car has a supercharger to it lol I think I would take out the sound system to listen to it all the time

That is a awesome setup though Good Job!

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about the long stretch between post. Busy and put up a lot of info on my build thread.

9 psi has been the max thus far. The SC just looks small. The clutch assembly in the unit really adds the extra kick.

Doing the math from the logs it transfers to 230 whp and 280 Lbft torque. When I get it on the dyno I expect higher numbers.

No issues with anything. Not even the transmission yet. I did break a Trans mount and looks like I will need to upgrade the rear diff bushings to handle the added torque as this car is AWD all the time and torque transfer is amazing.

As for the sound, the exhaust is quieter than you would expect. You don't here me coming. The stereo system is a must. Got to have the tunes and it sounds like a concert hall sitting in the driver's seat. Everything is balanced. At times I have to turn off the stereo to make sure nothing is starting to vibrate in the drivetrain. The deep low bass is at times deceiving.

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today I modified the headlights. I switched to HID and it was a lot brighter. Adjustments kept the light on the downward stroke, but still not sufficient. I had gone back and forth with different lights and the HID made the upward reflection brighter. Went back to regular bulbs, and the upward reflection was there, just not as bright, but didn't light up the road as I wanted. Changed some things on the lights and still just not right.

Here it is with projectors from Retrofit Source installed. Took 2 hours to do both lights, start to finish. Adjusted them best I could in the daylight, then again when it got dark.

I had to enlarge the H1 bulb port to a circle, and centered the circle about 12mm lower than stock. I used the HID bulb and ballast set I already had.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know I keep forgetting this thread is here. I post so much to other threads and I have the build thread I add to when something comes up. So since its not here, a link: Luxe floor mats and new to me spoiler I have the paint ordered. Body shop said $400. No thank you, I'll paint it. I'll let the body shop paint the whole car when I'm ready for it.

I also replaced the dual bulb lights for single bulb legacy assemblies and put in projectors. Projector headlight change up for both cars

I'll try to keep up from now on. :(

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
16 Participants
cardoc
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing