Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a 2001 outback VDC with 125,000 miles I am going to look at to buy.

IS there anything I need to look at that might cause a concern with this model year?:confused:

What are the differences between the LL.bean and VDC model besides the drivetrain.

Any information will help..

Thank you:29:

Brian B

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
I have found a 2001 outback VDC with 125,000 miles I am going to look at to buy.

IS there anything I need to look at that might cause a concern with this model year?:confused:

What are the differences between the LL.bean and VDC model besides the drivetrain.

Any information will help..

Thank you:29:

Brian B
The VDC has the H6 engine, which is very solid. There are a few very minor (and cheap to fix) issues with the older ones that are addressed on this forum (tensioner bearing, A/C rev sensor).

Of course, always look for a good maintenance history (or signs of it), since like any vehicle abuse will shorten its life.

The L.L. Bean and VDC are very similar. The VDC has everything the LL Bean has, plus VDC (vehicle dynamics control--Subaru's traction control system), VTD (variable torque distribution...while the Bean and all other automatic Subarus of the time had a slight front wheel power bias under normal conditions, the VDC model (with VTD) has a slight rear wheel drive bias). The VDC also has the McIntosh stereo system. I believe everything else is the same.

The VDC Outback was Subaru's top-of-the line vehicle and trim level in its day.

·
Registered
Outback 2007 3.0Rn 5EAT Wagon.
593 Posts
Are you sure it's a H6? My 2.5 2001 (all weather pack, 4EAT wagon) has vdc.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.