Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6 Camellia Red Metallic, 2002 H6 Outback wagon VDC + 2001 2.5 VDC
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
The old H6 has been resurrected with a good used gearbox and has covered about 600 miles in the last week..

the cruise control seems very sensitive, (was like this before, but have driven another OB that the cruise worked much nicer on) ie it always seems to change down far too aggressively and prematurely, dropping a gear when not needed..
If I manually squeeze the accelerator (cruise off) the box doesnt change down, the engine is more than capable of maintaining the speed up a grade or accelerating..

Is there anything that can be done to ajust the sensitivity? Or is this an indication of another issue??

Thanks
SI

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,165 Posts
US spec ones of this age had a recall and a swap on the cruise control cable. it was a safety recall, as it the original factory one would break or slip the gas pedal would go to the floor.

Reactions: 1 Lucky Texan

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6 Camellia Red Metallic, 2002 H6 Outback wagon VDC + 2001 2.5 VDC
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have another check but nothing seemed amiss in there..

Its probably more pronounced than I remember coz its been a while since I drove the car and my Saab cruise works so well..

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,763 Posts
try a battery disconnect reset before next road trip.

my car will 'flare' when downshifting at high speeds if I don't do that.

yeah, there's supposed to be a clip on the cc cable at the throttle so it doesn't jump-over and interfere with the pedal's cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts