Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,408 Posts
Are you sure there is one?

I understand that where there is an "inertia cutoff Switch" in some other cars, it's related to the fuel pump; it cuts the power to the pump when there's a serious collision.

I haven't come across such a switch in Subaru documentation (explanations, wiring diagrams), let alone in the car itself.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Only ones I have seen are in Fords. The switch is located behind trim panels in trunks or behind the glove box in trucks..
An inertia switch in any vehicle will be related to the air bag module.
If inertia deploys the airbags, you have more problems besides resetting a switch.

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
These are also tied to the roll over status right? I've only heard of one non subaru vehicle owner who some how tripped the roll over sensor and had all sorts of issues can't recall what the end result was but I do recall him narrowing it down to the roll over sensor either going bad or some how getting tripped up.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
The Fords I reset were involved in non-rollover collisions. An airbag may not deploy in a rollover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.