Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,
I have a 2002 OBW, 2.5, automatic.
The problem I am having is that the light for the clock/thermometer has gone out. Also, the "D" on the gear indicator on the dash is also dead.

Does anyone know how these would get changed? Does it require pulling the dashboard? If so, does anyone have a writeup on how to do that? I have searched the forum and didn't find anything.

Thanks very much in advance!
Jeff

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! I was searching for dashboard, removal, etc.
This is exactly what I am looking for!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am finally getting around to this. My parts store does not have a listing for the bulb. The dealer doesn't have a bulb listed on their online system.

My car is a 2002 Outback Wagon, 2.5L.

I found this information:
Part #=85066GA110 BULB SOCKET 1.4watt
on this post:
Instrument Panel Lighting? - 1990 to Present Legacy, Impreza, Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX&WrxSTI, SVX - Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm wondering if anyone knows if I need to use a bulb from the dealer or if I can a generic after market bulb?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
02' Outback 2.5L 230xxx
76 Posts
I am finally getting around to this. My parts store does not have a listing for the bulb. The dealer doesn't have a bulb listed on their online system.

My car is a 2002 Outback Wagon, 2.5L.

I found this information:
Part #=85066GA110 BULB SOCKET 1.4watt
on this post:
Instrument Panel Lighting? - 1990 to Present Legacy, Impreza, Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX&WrxSTI, SVX - Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm wondering if anyone knows if I need to use a bulb from the dealer or if I can a generic after market bulb?

Thanks,
Jeff
what was the outcome?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts