Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 outback h4.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2002 outback. 5spd. Great car. Shocks are toast. So I'm getting new ones.

But I want to lift it. 4inch.

I've heard of h6/baja springs? Is it just springs? Or the whole strut assembly? How much lift am I gonna get? Is it enough that I can do the swap and a 2inch lift?

·
Registered
2002 outback h4.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or I'm thinking get front strut assembly for a h7 04 outback. Then 05 baja coils on the rear. With new factory struts. Then a 2inch lift. Should net about 3-3.5 after settling.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,533 Posts
ADF Lift kits if you really want to go 2" to 4". (these lift in the right way, vs. just a hodge podge of parts that don't)

be aware if you go up past 2" you might be looking at more part wear, so not necessarily a "daily driver" anymore.

see "off road subarus" forum with the extra S on the end. if you really want to go like 4".

·
Registered
85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
2,129 Posts
for lift more than 2", you have to use lift blocks too.
You say you want 4" lift. So you will have to use subframe spacer blocks in addition to shocks. or else you will blow axles every 4,000 miles, the boots will not take the extra stretch and angle.....so you HAVE to to spacers for frame crossmembers, and then you are looking at also adding radiator hose length etc, and brake line extensions, exhaust mods cause it will hang really low, and shifter mods too... as well as you need a good budget to do all this.

Or you can do a 2" and plan on rebooting your axles every year cause they too won's last the angles long.

·
Registered
2002 outback h4.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan on a 2inch lift kit. But my first question before I order new parts is will the h6 front assemblys and baja rear springs do what I'm hoping? Which is about 1inch lift front and rear

·
Registered
2001 2.5 MT
13 Posts
I plan on a 2inch lift kit. But my first question before I order new parts is will the h6 front assemblys and baja rear springs do what I'm hoping? Which is about 1inch lift front and rear
just did this on my 01. Ordered 2004 Outback struts and mounts from rockauto.com (went with KYB for both) and ordered 2006 Baja Turbo springs front and rear from subarusource.com. Everything came together well and settled for a nice 1.75" lift over stock height

·
Registered
2001 2.5 MT
13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 outback h4.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome. Ty for the reply. I just recieved my new reat struts. Sensen brand. Used them before and was happy. Plus at $12 each with a lifetime warranty I'm very happy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts