Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out how to disable the security system in my outback. Soo it doesnt interact with the new viper 5105v remote start/security system. The reason for the viper is the dealer told me the key fob receiver in the car was busted.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback LLBean Wagon
26 Posts
as far as im aware if yor car had the Factory security system your gonna have to deal with the noise everytime you open your car

·
Registered
01 Outback LL Bean
2,429 Posts
You can unhook the security module I believe. It it located to the right of the stereo when you pop the trim.

That being said, the key fob connects to the lock ECU. You can get one of these cheaply on ebay if that is what is the problem.

Have you tried reprogramming the fob or a different fob?

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,425 Posts
Take it back to whoever installed it.
They did not connect one wire properly

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean Edition H6-3.0
72 Posts
I have a Compustar in my 2002 OBW that I had installed at Perfectionist Auto Sound here in Anchorage, AK. Here's what I do:

1. Unlock all doors using the driver's door button
2. Make sure all doors are closed
3. Use aftermarket fob to lock/unlock/start/etc.

This disables my alarm and the horn chirps, but if I accidentally hit the lock button before someone closes their door I get the horn chirp and it arms the system and I have to unlock then turn the key in the ignition three times in a row to disable the alarm.

The guys at Perfectionist said it has to be this way because the radio frequency-only fob enabled security system can't be bypassed/integrated into the aftermarket unit like most cars.

If you want the best of both worlds you could use your factory fob to unlock/disarm your car, lock again with your aftermarket fob, then start, but I don't like carrying around two fobs in the winter and the factory range sucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts