Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited 2001 LL Bean
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a newbie looking for some input, or encouragement on a clean 2002 LL Bean Outback. It has 195k, but has been well cared. Regular oil changes etc...It is a two owner car. The original owners, an older retired couple, put about 185K of those miles on it.

I have decided to go with the H6 to avoid the timing belt and HG issues on the 4s. We have been having a real hard time finding used Outbacks around here, other than ones from car auctions etc...

I was hoping to find one with lower milage, but that may not be an option, as I need another car ASAP. I can get the car for around 4000.

Any thoughts, or comments?

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. $4,000 is chump change for one of those in good condition. Mileage is high but I would consider 50,000 easy and 100,000 not that surprising to get out of it.

Be sure to replace the serpentine belt pulleys or bearings (both very easy jobs- plenty of information on here about it). 30 minutes or less and cheap.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback H6 L.L.Bean
298 Posts
I paid 7150 for mine with 104,000 on it. My car was in awesome shape with no real issues and new tires. I love the car.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited 2001 LL Bean
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! This one has newer Michelin tires, and hopefully is good to go as is. I was really hoping to find something with lower miles, but I guess for 4K, I'll be ok. Surely since it has been well cared for, I can squeeze another 50K out of it.

I plan on getting it tomorrow and will let you know how I turn out. Are there any not so obvious things I should look for, on an 02 H6?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts