Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The back story. My Outback hydroplaned, spun, and there is damage to the front. The front bumper cover is mangled, the passenger side front panel seems to be out of placed but not dented, the hood is pushed towards the passenger side. The only part that is outwardly and obviously unsalvageable is the bumper cover. The inertia switch has not been reset. Immediately after the accident the electrical system seemed fine. I put my hazards on, the windshield wipers were still operating, the stereo was on, the windows went up and down. Then suddenly it all kinda just stopped. I turned off the ignition and removed the key. Somethings stayed on and a clicking noise inside the steering column began and didnt stop. The LED odometer became very dim and the lights for the speedometer, tachy, and the indicator for what doors are ajar still worked. As well the rear passenger taillight is crunched.

Could the rear taillight create a short? Since the hood looks to be jammed by the mangled front bumper cover should I remove the front bumper and see what awaits me under the hood? I think once the bumper is gone I can get the hood up.

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
'99 Outback 2.5 GT auto & '97 LegOB w/ grossly insulted 2.5
141 Posts
When I find multiple circuits showing weirdness, I generally start looking for open or corroded grounds. Wrecks are especially prone to severed/compromised grounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.