Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Outback VDC, Sedan
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A Nice condition VDC Sedan is up for sale. Three owners, with paperwork, the Subaru has had an easy commuter car life with good maintenance history detail. I Bought the car in 2012 with 100k as my primary go-to work car. Several trips up to Maine and back. It did spend a short summer in Maine when my daughter needed a car. It passed Maine vehicle inspection then. The car has been off the road for two years stored most of the time in the garage.
Currently looking for a new ride or project and decided to sell the Outback. It is just too nice of a car to let head to deal auction. This Outback was the Subaru that leads the 2001 Subaru entry to the Auto show circuit, several articles about the car. It was Subaru’s first dedicated dynamic control effort. The VDC system does have the “VDC Off” button as well. So the driver can choose the level of fun. The car is loaded, with only two options missing, the Auto Dim rearview mirror and the rear spoiler. And last but not least, the McIntosh stereo unit, with 11 speakers, and vintage cassette with CD and five Weather Band channels.
The Outback is solid, with no rust on the body, some surface corrosion underneath. Has always been filled with high Octane fuel, synthetic oil and kept up with routine maintenance. Perfect winter car for the WRX owner who likes to keep it buttoned up until summer, or other toy owners who don't want to get out in the bad weather. If you need a "back-up" Outback for winter commute, this McIntosh Snow Buggy is for you
As such, she needed some refreshing, so I just went through it fixed all that was needed to get her back on the road.

Maintenance refresh items include –

New Breaks all around, rotors, calipers pads
New Coil packs, New plugs
New resonator and exhaust work
New Oil Cooler seal
New Transfer case rear seal
New K&N Filter
New Hella Horns
New Hella Flood Lights
New OEM Japan Catz Fog Lights
New LED Back up lights
New Under Engine Splash Plate
All fluids serviced or changed.
Full Detailing
Milage 194k

Now to the distractors, or negatives.

Few Paint Chips on the hood
A couple of curb rubs
One Sm door ding
The rear cup holder needs work
Drivers Seat with two four-inch separations
Dash has one backlight out

I have plenty of images to share if needed. I will list the car for a few days on here before moving to eBay, the current price is 4500.00. Many thanks for looking

Scott

·
Registered
'02 Outback VDC, Sedan
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uncommon beast in great condition!
Yes, thanks hope she goes to someone who appreciates what they have.
Have had her 8 years, on a trip to Maine around xMas time few years back, I was trying to work my way around NYC and Waze dumped me on to Saw Mill Park way late evening. An Audi and BMW were on my rear, so I let them go, and then wanted to see if the Subi could hang.
And it was fun

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,109 Posts
Yes, thanks hope she goes to someone who appreciates what they have.
Have had her 8 years, on a trip to Maine around xMas time few years back, I was trying to work my way around NYC and Waze dumped me on to Saw Mill Park way late evening. An Audi and BMW were on my rear, so I let them go, and then wanted to see if the Subi could hang.
And it was fun
NY parkways in winter. ...don't get plowed or salted, as much as say ... the $$$$ thruway toll system.

but a 2002 VDC outback sedan is quite a nice snowmobile. ( in the best of breeds, after the fabulous SVX)

your IP says this is in Maryland ?

if anyone wants a black on black one in upstate NY with surprisingly little rust, ...and a brand new used JDM transmission in it, contact me.

bump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.