Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 outback
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like a right side power seat for my 2002 base. heated would really be nice, too. did any of the 2nd gen cars come with power right seats, or does anyone know if a seat from another gen will bolt in? anyone got jdm connections?

·
Registered
2005 Legacy 2.5i Wagon 4EAT; 2005 Forester XS 4EAT
672 Posts
I'm sure if you had a spare driver's side seat and some wiring knowledge, you could add it.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy 2.5i Wagon 4EAT; 2005 Forester XS 4EAT
672 Posts
switch is on the wrong side. i already tried
That's where you'd have to get creative and a little technical to move it over to the other side. If the switch location is the only roadblock, it shouldn't be that difficult.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
A whole JDM power seat would probably be very expensive to ship - but the correct trim panel and switches maybe not. If the seat is otherwise the same, seems like the simplest solution.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
i would like a right side power seat for my 2002 base. heated would really be nice, too. did any of the 2nd gen cars come with power right seats, or does anyone know if a seat from another gen will bolt in? anyone got jdm connections?
As far as I know, no 2nd gens came with a passenger side power seat.

3rd Gens did, though. The seats in my 2008 LL Bean look like they would have bolted into my 2004 LL Bean without a problem (though I can't be 100% sure of that), and they're much better seats.

Maybe there's a totaled 3rd gen in a junkyard near you? You could swap all the seats over to Gen3 seats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts