Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CEL came on last week, so I stopped by Advanced Auto today and got the codes read.

It came back with the codes:

P0065 Air assist injector solenoid valve malfunction
P0137 Rear Oxygen Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
P0138 Rear Oxygen Sensor High Voltage

Has anyone dealt with these issues before? Does it make since that these codes would occur with each other?

Where in the heck is the "Air assist injector solenoid valve?"

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,815 Posts
Did all these codes pop up at the same time or has the light been on for a while and you finally got around to checking it?

A few things to look for, if they came up together: Grounds, Check and clean the ground lug on the intake on the passenger side bolted to the top. Check your battery cable. Check the amperage output of the battery.

If the light has been on for a while, it could be they popped up at different times. In which case, the individual parts will need to be checked.

Attached is a locator for the AAIV. Its easily tested with jumper wire. Disconnect it from the harness, run a jumper from the ground side to the battery neg, another jumper from the bat side to the battery pos. If it clicks, its good. You then have to check for blockage in the hoses. Replace as necessary. Then there is a possibility of a clogged injector.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did all these codes pop up at the same time or has the light been on for a while and you finally got around to checking it?

A few things to look for, if they came up together: Grounds, Check and clean the ground lug on the intake on the passenger side bolted to the top. Check your battery cable. Check the amperage output of the battery.

If the light has been on for a while, it could be they popped up at different times. In which case, the individual parts will need to be checked.

Attached is a locator for the AAIV. Its easily tested with jumper wire. Disconnect it from the harness, run a jumper from the ground side to the battery neg, another jumper from the bat side to the battery pos. If it clicks, its good. You then have to check for blockage in the hoses. Replace as necessary. Then there is a possibility of a clogged injector.
Thanks for the help!

The CEL was on awhile ago, but ended up just shutting off on its own.

Then just last week it came on and these were the codes that showed up.

I am going to clean my battery posts/terminals and check all the grounds today.

I was using the Lucas fuel injector cleaner like every 3rd fill up. I hope that doesn't have anything to do with this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts