Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tranny has kicked the bucket on my 2003 3.0l H6. The tranny code is TZ1A4ZMEAA. I have been looking on JDM sites that have a lot of Soobie trans but not the particular code I need. I am looking for some guidance on potentially using a different code as a replacement. Mine is not a VDC. I find some that have TZ1A4Z but not the MEAA. I have found some that are for the year, make, and model but have VDC. The differential gear ratio is a 4.111. Does anyone know what tranny codes are interchangeable for the 3.0l H6 without VDC? Thanks!

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,936 Posts
I can't help sort out JDM transmissions, but can say for US models the incompatible 2004 H6 4EAT can be used if you pop the tail section off and change (swap over) the transfer duty solenoid and the valve it bolts to.

The Hollander interchange manual didn't list the '04 as incompatible until I found that out!

My stock trans on my 03 L bean was TZ1A4ZMEAA.

The '04 I put in was TZ1A4ZMFAA-M7.

·
Registered
2008 Outback wagon, 2.5i Touring
531 Posts
I put a JDM H6 transmission from a JDM VDC car in my 2001 H6 none VDC
that was the best thing I ever did to my car !

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,578 Posts
From the specs in the service manual, you can use a 4.111 trans from similar year Legacy L or Brighton (NO GT, GT Limited). However, internals are slightly different.

If you're simply highway cruising, it will be fine. If you're towing, taxiing, or off-roading, you'll probably burn it out in short order.

If looking for JDM stuff, stick to anything that starts with TZ1A4ZMxxx or TZ1A4ZVxxx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts