Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
I'd consider that price a tad high around here...but if it isn't a rust bucket underneath...not a terrible deal.

·
Registered
2003 VDC
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd consider that price a tad high around here...but if it isn't a rust bucket underneath...not a terrible deal.
The roads aren't salted here. If they have driven it in the surf it's a different story. Plenty of places to drive on the beach in Oregon. The whole coast is public property.

This car won't last a week on CL

·
Registered
01 outback-5sp-UEL-wrx wheels
76 Posts
but is there any records of major repairs??? timing belt should have been replaced 3 times by now, any fluid changed every 30k, have the head gaskets been changed, tune ups. wait do the 6 bangers have a timing chain??

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts
but is there any records of major repairs??? timing belt should have been replaced 3 times by now, any fluid changed every 30k, have the head gaskets been changed, tune ups. wait do the 6 bangers have a timing chain??
2003 H6 have timing chains. and are not know to have systematic head gasket problems. (although any aluminum engine could melt,...or be being sold for head gasket problems).
the fix on 2001-2004 EZ30D is to swap to a JDM 99-02 engine. $700 to buy vs. doing the long hard HG job on one.

so if you want to dump you H4 and don't mind high octane gas or a 4EAT, this maybe a good car....No VDC though.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts
Hmmm
Montana car. Worth more if it was a Native Oregonian.
montana can be rust free also. (seen perfectly rust free montana vehicles,...that were 30 years old, ...just needed some paint on the top).

depends on the car, where it was driven, if the owners washed it, if the owners had something else to sacrifice to the rust goddess.

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,424 Posts
****, Now I feel even better about my recent purchase of the 01 Bean that I bought. That price is waay to high.

Oregon car, in Minnesota. (Still had Oregon plates when I bought it)

150K miles, I paid $1500

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
****, Now I feel even better about my recent purchase of the 01 Bean that I bought. That price is waay to high.

Oregon car, in Minnesota. (Still had Oregon plates when I bought it)

150K miles, I paid $1500
Hate you a bit.

$1500 is 250K+ in poor condition for me.

Reactions: dchalle2

·
Registered
2003 VDC
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lasted 4 days... I always wonder what they actually sell for.

·
Registered
4, Gen 2 H6's: 2001 LLBean, 2002 LLBean, 2002 VDC, 2003 Plain...I love the H6's!
302 Posts
FWIW I just bought a 1 owner, well cared for, 2002 VDC with 118K miles in Alaska for $6K. Everything works. High price, but I believe this car was worth the extra $.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts