Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first time post. Ive been looking everywhere but cant really find any info about installing a factory tow hitch on my 03' outback. I couldn't do the aftermarket curt/HH/drawtite etc hitches. I think the way they hang down and then over/under the exhaust is just ugly. I picked up a nice used one for pretty cheap, but it doesn't have any of the hardware with it. So, ill need that as well. Anyhow, has anyone here done this? Would love some info, a link or anything to get me in the right direction. TIA!!

·
Registered
2001 H6 OBW
97 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was hoping for some detailed instructions

for installing a factory hitch. From what Ive read they install differently than all of the aftermarket ones. Plenty of info out there for installing all of those. Just nothing about installing the factory hitch. It seems like the rear bumper actually has to come off or something??

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,947 Posts
Hmmm, wonder if hidden 'improved' their hitch, mine goes under the tailpipe but is almost invisible.

The fact it goes under the tailpipe has saved my exhaust from falling all the way off more than once...

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,109 Posts
Hmmm, wonder if hidden 'improved' their hitch, mine goes under the tailpipe but is almost invisible.

The fact it goes under the tailpipe has saved my exhaust from falling all the way off more than once...

Amen brother!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts