Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting a loud metal on metal sound when I go over speed bumps in the rear. Thinking strut top hats as nothing else is obvious so far. I already did the stabilizer link ends front and rear and that didn't help. Anyone else had this and solved it?

·
Registered
'01 OBW 2.5/AT; '99 BMW 528i/5-spd
161 Posts
Is your stabilizer bar stock? Years ago I upgraded to a Rallitek bar and it had a tendency to contact the underside of the exhaust pipe (mainly when rolling off speed bumps) until I replaced my worn-out struts/shocks with new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your stabilizer bar stock? Years ago I upgraded to a Rallitek bar and it had a tendency to contact the underside of the exhaust pipe (mainly when rolling off speed bumps) until I replaced my worn-out struts/shocks with new.

i think the bar isn't stock-- im going to check everything it should be pretty obvious where the metal is rubbing. as soon as i posted it I thought in my head "exhaust" and that will probably be it. Will let you know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts