Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2003, 2.5L, white, no mods
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! First post in this forum with my first Subaru. From the little time I've had my 2003 I've loved her. Such a fantastic car. Slowly I've been doing some work on it, but I'm stuck on brakes. I was checking them over today, specifically the front right. I noticed a small hole in the bottom slider casing (where it slides in). The hole has some black residue around it and squirts out a small amount of the bearing grease I've re-lubed it with. I checked the other side and there is no hole.

Should I be concerned with this? I notice a hard pull to the right when brake, although it seems to happen randomly, no specific action or timing.

Would love some guidance or help!

I've also attached a picture to help explain.

Thank you,

-Elija

Attachments

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,171 Posts
Looks like a rust hole.

Rockauto has decent replacement kits - I bought the Cardone set - new calipers and rotors for all 4 corners - for my '01, and will probably do the same for the '03.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,312 Posts
That's the bracket and it can be bought separate, but when you stated that it pulls to the right when braking, that indicates a caliper issue, as in stuck piston, and the brakes on that wheel grab faster. Or, it could be a loose suspension component on that wheel and the wheel assembly is moving backward when braking causing the pull. So I'd also check suspension parts - tie rods ends & lower control arm bushings. Also, I'd recommend you flush out the brake fluid from the whole system to remove the water after you put it all back together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts