Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit late but Subaru wins 2004 Acropolis Rally !!!

Subaru driver Petter Solberg retained the 2nd day lead to claim his first ever victory on the Acropolis Rally of Greece. The result means that Solberg is the only driver in the WRC to have scored points on each of the six rallies so far this season. Moving up to second place in the Drivers' Championship, Petter and co-driver Phil Mills are just five points behind the lead of the series. The win marked Subaru's 41st WRC win, the 40th for the Subaru Impreza and Subaru's fifth win on the Acropolis Rally of Greece.

Petter Solberg / Phil Mills: It's fantastic, very, very good indeed!
It's been a hard rally, and a tough fight, right from the start, but to get this result after the disappointment we had in Cyprus feels very good. You know it's hard work to keep adjusting the pace to keep position, but the team kept the split times coming in and everything worked perfectly today - there were no problems at all. The penalty didn't really affect me much, last night when I heard the decision I have to say I was a bit fed up, but when I woke up this morning I just laughed, it just seemed like a joke. I must say that the car is incredible, and the tyres, the mechanics, everyone in the team is working so well I can't thank them enough and it seems that for now anything is possible.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts