Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
04 Outback, 15 Legacy
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the radio reception is horrible. I checked the amp on the driver side rear cargo area. Power is there, when I disconnect power, it gets worse. I would just like to add a "rubber ducky" style antenna to the roof. Thinking of installing it in front of the rack.

Has anyone done this? is there 1 antenna better than another?

Thanks

John

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts
I kind of liked the OEM 2000-2001 outback type at the top of the A pillar. (have to get one off a part out or in a pick and pull though).

typical steel masts touching the body pull it in better then the rubber duckys,...or window ones like you got.

__

people here do trace and fix problems from the radio all the way to in the glass mounted antenna lines. (sometimes it is in another area though like something shorting and making electrical noise). 2005-2009 typically have a brittle wire in the harness in the hatch jamb causing the issue.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
The antenna traces on the glass may be damaged. You can repair them with the same kit that does rear window defoggers.

You can certainly bypass & add another antenna, but that usually gets complicated with the wire routing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts