Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Outback & a 2004 Ford Falcon RTV
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, recently purchased a 110,000 k 2004 Outback stationwagon and one of the things that could do with an upgrade is the drivers seat.
Drove her 700klms and oh my back not the most comfortabe seat for a 5' 11'' 95kg guy.
Wondering has anyone replaced theres or has heard of another Subaru seat that has been fitted.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,193 Posts
beware on this board. you are driving a 2005-2009 type. vs. a 2000-2004 type. (as this board goes by US/Canadian spec years).

if you got a abused seat you can swap it, if there is a airbag in it you will have to match that to the systems in the car.
(still do -able,).

other options. taking the car or a replacement seat to a upholstery shop and getting some more / different foam put in with new upholstery.

·
Registered
MY17 Outback Diesel Premium
83 Posts
Are your back problems upper back or lower back? Does your seat have a lumbar support? I had the clips that hold the drivers lumbar support break on mine. Got them fixed and had much better lower back support.

An alternative to replacing the seat is to fit seat covers and then insert some extra foam padding between the seat cover and the seat to suit your taste. You can shape the padding and try different densities to get your self comfortable.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Outback & a 2004 Ford Falcon RTV
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the back issue was lower and hows this for an easy fix.
She had big thick lambs wool seat covers and I got to thinking what if the covers are the problem.
Took off the covers, adjusted the seat and drove her 800ks and except for the foot rest that I'll see if I remount to sit back a further 2 inches no more back issue.

Thanks Guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts