Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all.

Wondering if the collective wisdom could shed any light on why the dual range shifter in a 2004 Outback is refusing to move?

It looks like the cable is fine and moves freely, however the selector on the gearbox will not move. Is this a known/experienced/common fault?

We have just fitted a reconditioned transfer case due to a faulty centre diff, but this shouldn't be a related problem?

Thanks for any help.

D.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i doubt any one in the US will have any experience with an 04 dual range trans. they have not been available here since 1989, i think.

someone may have some experience with an 80s dual range trans and be able to help. if no one responds soon try a forum that also deals with older stuff like ultimatesubaru.org .

good luck.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Have you tried it while moving and using the clutch, also you could try moving the selector lever on the trans manually to see if it just needs a bit of persuasion to move it. I can't offer any more help then that sorry, you could also speak to your local dealer as they are very helpful most of the time for stuff like this,as it's the brands reputation on the line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts