Subaru Outback Forums banner

1621 - 1632 of 1632 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
578 Posts
I'd say they are a worthy upgrade from stock. Lord knows the sway bar end links are!

Sent from my V35-ThinQ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Outback VDC limited 3.0r
763 Posts
I’ve been renewing things on my car lately. I recently started on the rear after attempting a wheel alignment but I couldn’t get the left rear wheel to line up. Garage said they tried adjusting the toe and the bolt goes round and round but the wheel doesn’t move. The garage also couldn’t figure out how to adjust the camber of the rear wheels. I told them there is no adjustment short of Whiteline control arms for $$$. They suggested change all the bushings in the rear due to the age of the car and that should get the wheel to line up.

When perusing Rock Auto I found these Moog adjustable control arms that allow for changing the camber. $57USD. I couldn’t find a picture anywhere. More money than the standard ones but I figured why not try them. Part number is RK100419. Someone previously mentioned them in this thread.

So, here’s a photo! Even has a grease fitting! View attachment 489514
I'm glad they work! I was hoping it wasn't a mis listed part when I posted about them. They appear to be better designed then the white line one, better weld looking joint then the whiteline arms i have. Of course moog has more money for R&D so thats not a surprise. Plus a proper bushing that doesn't require yearly maintenance.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean
57 Posts
Way cheaper than whiteline!! Even cheaper than the camber bolts if I remember the price correctly.

Let us know if it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R
1,063 Posts
I'm glad they work! I was hoping it wasn't a mis listed part when I posted about them. They appear to be better designed then the white line one, better weld looking joint then the whiteline arms i have. Of course moog has more money for R&D so thats not a surprise. Plus a proper bushing that doesn't require yearly maintenance.
They’re not installed yet lol can’t say if they “work” yet. I’ll find that out in the next day or so. Changing out my trailing link bushings and rear lower control arms at the same time.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R
1,063 Posts
They’re not installed yet lol can’t say if they “work” yet. I’ll find that out in the next day or so. Changing out my trailing link bushings and rear lower control arms at the same time.
Biggest reason I posted about this was that I couldn’t find a photo anywhere before I bought them. I pulled the trigger anyway. Now we all know what they look like.

Reactions: Chrissetter

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R
1,063 Posts
I'd say they are a worthy upgrade from stock. Lord knows the sway bar end links are!

Sent from my V35-ThinQ using Tapatalk
I was figuring that if I’m changing the arm why not add the camber adjustment? Didn’t cost that much more.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i Limited
1 Posts
Hi all! Question for anyone who has replaced struts on a 2005-9 OB: Did you find yourself needing to replace any other strut-related parts besides the struts themselves? Anything else in the strut department likely in need of a swap if I'm at 135k miles with original parts on a 2007 OB 2.5i? (For example, I saw traildogck somewhere in these forums saying he wished he'd replace his front top hats while he was in there, and earlier in this thread BTIBob also replaced his top hats.) Reason I ask is I'm going to try to do this strut swap myself and it will be my first time doing it.

My plan is to put on a complete new set of 2005-9 KYB struts. The current struts aren't majorly failing or making noises, but the ride isn't what it used to be. Am I likely to be able to re-use all the original springs, hats, bump stops, rubber pads, boots, etc.? How might I discover if not? Any of these additional parts I'd be advised to have on hand before starting this repair at home or that I might as well replace while the struts are off?

Lastly, I'm reading in this thread that I should use 3 spring compressor clamps when swapping the front springs. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2009 Outback XT (5MT)
60 Posts
Holy moly.... Just read the first 10 pages of this thread.... So much to digest.
At least now, I'm not too concerned about lowering center of gravity as it seems many have achieved better handling without doing so. I am more concerned with functionality than aesthetics, and want better road handling while maintaining some off-road ability.
Will probably have to read it all over again at least once more before determining a direction...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Holy moly.... Just read the first 10 pages of this thread.... So much to digest.
At least now, I'm not too concerned about lowering center of gravity as it seems many have achieved better handling without doing so. I am more concerned with functionality than aesthetics, and want better road handling while maintaining some off-road ability.
Will probably have to read it all over again at least once more before determining a direction...
You might give my posts a look on the previous page - could answer some of your questions.

Edit - sorry I missed your desire for offroadability ... I got some great handling, but did lower my car. Sorry for the noise.

Good luck!
M.

·
Registered
2009 Outback XT (5MT)
60 Posts
All good. I just want to preserve something close to the stock height. If it drops an inch or so I'd be fine with that, but I'm definitely enjoying the perks of this ground clearance right now. Popping under the car without a jack is great. Oil changes without lifting, etc...

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Truth! That easy oil change and greasing the sway bar endlinks is nice and easy with that clearance, Clarence!

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Hi all! Question for anyone who has replaced struts on a 2005-9 OB: Did you find yourself needing to replace any other strut-related parts besides the struts themselves? Anything else in the strut department likely in need of a swap if I'm at 135k miles with original parts on a 2007 OB 2.5i? (For example, I saw traildogck somewhere in these forums saying he wished he'd replace his front top hats while he was in there, and earlier in this thread BTIBob also replaced his top hats.) Reason I ask is I'm going to try to do this strut swap myself and it will be my first time doing it.

My plan is to put on a complete new set of 2005-9 KYB struts. The current struts aren't majorly failing or making noises, but the ride isn't what it used to be. Am I likely to be able to re-use all the original springs, hats, bump stops, rubber pads, boots, etc.? How might I discover if not? Any of these additional parts I'd be advised to have on hand before starting this repair at home or that I might as well replace while the struts are off?

Lastly, I'm reading in this thread that I should use 3 spring compressor clamps when swapping the front springs. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.
I did my struts at about the same mileage. I had one cracked front and one rear "bad shape" spring. Replaced all 4 springs with the struts. Well, I didn't the mechanic did.

1621 - 1632 of 1632 Posts