Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm getting a code for my TGV (bank 1). I can rotate the shaft by hand once the motor is removed, so my working assumption is the motor or sensor is dead. The car seemed to run fine other than the check engine light. every Subaru dealer I've called tells me that this part is unavailable to be ordered separately and that the TGVs I'm finding when I search based on year and model # do not work with my specific vehicle based on VIN (due to it being California emissions). Their solution (of course) is to sell me the whole stinking intake manifold "assembly".

Here's What I was looking at ordering:
Part Number: 14120AA020
2005 Subaru Outback Base 2.5L 5MT Motor assembly-intake manifold. Body - 14120AA020 - Genuine Subaru Part

And/or

Part Number: 22633AA210
2005 Subaru Outback Base 2.5L 5MT Sensor assembly-throttle. U1. Chamber, manifold, intake - 22633AA210 - Genuine Subaru Part

Is there anyone out there who can validate for me that these parts will in fact work for 2005 2.5i MT (non-turbo) Cali emissions Outback?

I (and my wallet) appreciate your help!

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Your TGV is in the center section right after the throttle body, correct?

Then, yes, those are the correct part #

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is. That's one of the reasons I was so confused when they said it wasn't the right part.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts