Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me or take picture and show me where the engine coolant temp sensor is on a 2005-2009 H6? Getting the C0115 error code and my coolant system had an air pocket in it after shop replaced the radiator, which caused it to overheat. Guessing it cooked the sensor.

·
Registered
16,281 Posts
Might want to double-check that code. "C" codes relate to the chassis, and C0115 is for an ABS wheel sensor problem.

Was/Is the check engine light on or flashing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might want to double-check that code. "C" codes relate to the chassis, and C0115 is for an ABS wheel sensor problem.

Was/Is the check engine light on or flashing?
Hmm, thanks for that. I have a C0115 and C0107 code. The Check Engine light is solid with the Cruise light flashing. I also have the dreaded P0420 code for the cat system.

·
Registered
16,281 Posts

·
Registered
12,287 Posts
P0420 - simply install the $5 fix and be done with it. it's too much of a debacle to otherwise worry about.

if you really want to put some effort into - first simply seal up any leaks in the exhaust system.

ABS sensors may just need cleaning, sometimes they can have debris stuck all over them.

Otherwise they're attached by like one bolt and then another bolt or two for a bracket just to hold the wire and super easy to replace. 3 bolts, a few minutes, very easy job.

If any recent work was done, make sure it's plugged in and fully seated (unplug it and plug it back in).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
cardoc
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing