Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 L.L.Bean Wgn
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the trick to getting the little panel off the back of the console? It appears to cover the screws holding the cover on and I can find no fasteners. It may just pop off but I'd rather not discover that's not the case the hard way.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you read the instructions that came with it?

I recall (only because its raining outside) that there was as small panel you have to pry off with a flathead screwdriver to gain access to the screws that hold the bigger panel in place.

·
Registered
2005 L.L.Bean Wgn
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.
No instructions in the box. :mad: I looked for a small cover panel, thought they may have put screws on the inside above rear cup holders. Saw nothing. I suspect that it just pops off but I'll call my local dealership tomorrow to make sure.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i
50 Posts
2005 cenetr console

J Grady; did you ever find out how to remove the console ( particularly the rear cup holder section) parts on a 2005. I am going to be tearing into mine to run some cables for rear dvd monitors. I also do not see any exposed screws to remove. thanks for any information.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
11 Posts
thank you

thank you! thank you! thank you!

Mom has the same interior and JUST found out she has the extension option and doesnt even like it!!!

had on my last car and can't live without it!!!!

·
Registered
2005 MY06 Outback 2.5i Safety Pack
26 Posts
How?

Just bought my 2005 outback. Seems the centre console is not attached...

I managed to squash it into the hole, but that's obviously not a permanent solution.

I don't have access to the above link docs. This should be relatively simple right.

How do I go about removing the back part of the console where the rear cup holders are. I managed to pry one side off (Left), but the other felt like it was going to snap, even with a screw driver levering it.

Should I just try harder or am I going about it the wrong way?

Cheers :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts