Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT Limited, Silver, MT - Able to leap tall buildings (and bimmers) in a single bound!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2005 OB XT 5MT, and I am experiencing the stutter some people have been talking about... it's small but annoying... always happens between 2500 and 3500 rpms, and I'd say primarily in 2nd and 3rd, under moderate to heavy acceleration. I did think it had something to do with the turbo, but I'm not sure. Not sure how else to describe it, there's a slight repeated hesitation, or stutter as you pass through that 1000rpm range...

some people on Edmunds mentioned a grounding kit... any thoughts on whether or not this would be any help? Maybe it just has something to do with it being a brand new engine, and it will go away after it's broken in?

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,122 Posts
shizumaat said:
Maybe it just has something to do with it being a brand new engine, and it will go away after it's broken in?
I've noticed this during my various XT Test Drives, in my experience I'd say it normal being a new engine. My H6 did some weird things when I first picked it up, although with 15k on the clock all those things are long gone. Give it some time and miles and I'd be it will go away soon enough ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts