Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished replacing my passenger side drive axle and lower ball joint. the car drives great at 70 going straight, but when I corner, it feels like it grabs when cornering. the car has 148000 miles on it and I use it to commute over a 10% grade (Teton pass) daily, just wondering if there is something I could have done wrong or if I should be looking at something else? thanks in advance for the help.:confused:

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
Stupid question time: Did you get an alignment after you did the work?

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,114 Posts
coupla longshots;

maybe you have an additional problem in the steering u-joint.

another concern would be if the replacement axle is the wrong length.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no alignment, need new tires but the car doesn't pull at all when going straight. the axle is the same length as I compared before the install.

·
Registered
2005 OBW 2.5L, 1989 Subaru Justy, RIP Blu
7,355 Posts
Did it do this before hand? Are all the tires properly infalted? Where did you source the axle from. An alighnment you can be far out of wack and the car can be going straight, but when you hit a bump or a curve, you could feel it. May be as simple as an alignment

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, been holding off on alignment until I replace struts and tires, need both, hoping to get through the summer before I do all that....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts